最新九年级英语上册 Unit 4 Stories and poems Lesson 24 Writing a Poem教案 (新版)冀教版【复习必备】
Lesson 24 Writing a Poem
1. Analysis of the Students
The students of Grade 9 have mastered certain vocabularies，expressions and
structures. They also have the abilities of self-teaching and working in groups.
Most of them are willing to express their opinions in English.
2. Analysis of Teaching Content
Lesson 24 is the sixth lesson in Unit 4, Book 5.This unit focus on the subject
stories and poems, also teach the students cultural about European. Students cares
about the subject because it is close to everyone. Lesson 24 mainly talks about the
dairy from Danny, also teach the students how to write the poems.
1. To master the words : fairy tales, character, plot, humorous.
2. To master the expressions: at the beginning
Improve the students’ ability of speaking, listening, reading and writing. Learn
to write the poem in English.
Students can enjoy the pleasure of literature.
The usage of prefer.
How to use the phrases.
Tape recorder, Multimedia
Step 1. Warm-up
Free talk: Look at the picture, what happened?
Step 2. Presentation
1. Read the passage and ask the questions:
(1) What’s the difference between poem and story?
(2) Does Danny afraid to write a poem?
2. Think about it: Which do you prefer to write? Poems or stories? Why? What about
3. Explain the new words.
4. Read the lesson and write true (T) or false (F).
(1) Danny learned how to write songs last week. ( )
(2) Danny likes reading stories. ( )
(3) Danny thinks stories are easier to write. ( )
3. Language points:
at the beginning “开始时；起初”，at?#37096;?#20197;换成in。
They were wonderful at the beginning.
be afraid to do sth.意为“害怕做某事”。
(2)prefer to do sth.表示“宁愿做某事”。
(4)prefer to do A rather than do B表示“宁愿做A而不愿做B”。
be always doing sth.意为“总是做某事”
Step 3. Practice
1. Listen and follow to the tape.
2. Use “must” to complete the dialogues. Then practice the dialogues with a
Son: Mum, may I watch TV for a while?
Mum: No. It’s 10:00 in the evening. You_______ go to sleep now.
Student: Sorry, Mr. Hill. I am late for school.
Headmaster: Come to school on time tomorrow. As a student, you_______ follow the
rules of the school.
Policeman: You______ slow down when you pass by a school.
Driver: Sorry, sir!
3. Think of words that describe things like age, size, temperature, feelings and
4. Use words from the list to complete the poem at the bottom of the page.
Night, so______ and_______ (feelings and colour), ______, ______ (size and colour)
A______ (temperature) wind blows _______ (adverb) on my face.
It makes me want to sing ______ (adverb) a _____, _______ (feelings and age) song.
Step 4. Consolidation
(1) Do you know any poems that describe a lake?
(2) Do you know any poems that describe the spring?
(3) Do you know any poems that describe the snow?
(4) Do you know any poems that describe the study?
2. Writing: Write a poem use each letter.
1. Listen and read.
2. Finish exercises of this lesson.